WeightWise Academy has been working for the last three years to bring innovation and new understanding to weight loss.
Having successfully run a 2 year pilot with Dr Ian Campbell in Nottingham (see our excellent results on our research page) and completed our groups in Newark:
We are now in the position to offer you the chance to increase your knowledge, earnings and ability to work with clients with Emotional Eating Issues.
Temenos (Sheffield) Evening Seminar Thursday June 20th
Praxis (Nottingham) Training Day Saturday 20th July
Leeds Training Day Thursday 27th June
Diploma in Working with Emotional Eating and Obesity.
Starting October 2013 in partnership with Leeds Centre for Psychological Development. www.leedscpd.org/work-with-eating-problems.
Over the 5 modules you will learn new techniques, develop innovative tools and be able to enhance your work with clients with emotional eating issues.
You will be provided with the knowledge and theory to help your clients with obesity issues in the following areas:
Module 1: Emotional Eating Oct 4th & 5th 2013
- Exploring and defining emotional eating.
- Identifying factors that contribute to emotional eating.
- Contracting and building motivation for change in eating behaviour.
Module 2: Regulation of feelings Nov 8th & 9th 2013
- Identifying new skills and strategies to manage strong feelings.
- Exploring ways to increase frustration tolerance.
- Demonstrating how to develop new self-care skills.
- Devising ways of increasing self and body esteem.
Module 3: Developing new eating behaviours. Nov 29th & 30th 2013
- Exploring and defining healthy eating.
- Increasing activity motivation.
- Developing and sustaining new patterns of eating behaviour.
Module 4: Developing new thinking behaviour. Jan 24th & 25th 2014.
- Identifying and challenging unhelpful thinking patterns about food and eating.
- Exploring ways of developing a more compassionate self.
- Developing mindfulness and mindful eating skills.
Module 5: Getting Emotional needs met. March 14th & 15th 2014
- Increasing assertiveness skills.
- Getting needs met in relationships.
- Maintaining new thinking and behaviour.
- Managing lapses.